You’ve Got a Friend You Can’t See (Because He’s an Angel)

The Stream | 10/2/2019 | James Agresti
josh567josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://stream.org/wp-content/uploads/Angel-stone-statue.jpg

You will never be alone in your life. Not for a second. Even when you want to be. You will always have someone at your side. And more to the point, on your side.

God loves you and sends you friends. Because we need friends. Sometimes we need them to protect us, other times to push us to do better, and all the time to let us know we are loved. Your Christian friends should help you resist temptation and love God more, and they should make you feel God’s love through their own. But they don’t always.

Father - Everything - Sends - Friend - Beginning

The Father who thinks of everything sends you one friend at the very beginning of your life, who will never leave you, who’s far far more powerful than any human friend. He’ll protect you and push you and always let you know God loves you. Your guardian angel, he’s your pal for life.

The ancient Christian teaching comes from Jesus’s words: “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in Heaven their angels always behold the face of my Father who is in Heaven” (Matt 18:10). Their angels, not “the angels” in general.

Verses - Tells - God - Angels - Israelites

Other verses tells us that God sends angels to help us. He says to the Israelites on their way to the Promised Land: “See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.” Daniel describes angels as in charge of nations, one being called “the prince of the kingdom of the Persians.”

The psalmist says that “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them.” The writer of Hebrews calls angels “ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation.”

God

That God gives us a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Stream
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.