Knifeman attacks police officers in Paris police station

Mail Online | 10/3/2019 | Jack Newman For Mailonline;Afp
jesse456jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/03/13/19251066-0-image-a-24_1570104369935.jpg

https://twitter.com/Actu17/status/1179726976371888128

Four French police officers have been killed in a knife rampage at the police headquarters in Paris.

The attacker, believed to be a civilian police worker, was also shot dead after murdering his colleagues with a ceramic knife.

Policewomen - Media - Officer

Two of the dead are policewomen, according to French media, and at least one other officer has been injured.

The motive is not yet clear but investigators suspect the knife rampage, which is France's deadliest attack on police in years, was caused by a workplace row.

Attacker - Courtyard - Building - Centre - Paris

The attacker was shot dead in the courtyard of the building in the centre of Paris, close to Notre Dame cathedral.

Four people have died and Actu 17 reported that two of them were female police officers. Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo confirmed that 'several people' were fatally wounded.

Union - Officials - Attack - Office - Spread

According to union officials, the attack began around 1pm in an office and spread out elsewhere in the large police compound.

Emery Siamandi, an employee at police headquarters, said he heard gunshots and immediately saw two weeping officers come out of an office.

Officer - Mr - Siamandi - Person - Assailant

A third officer, who Mr Siamandi described as the person who shot and killed the assailant, came out on his knees, also in tears.

'People were running everywhere, there was crying everywhere,' said Mr Siamandi, an interpreter who was in the building when the attack happened.

Shot - 'Moments - Police - Officers - Panic

'I heard a shot, I gathered it was inside,' he said. 'Moments later, I saw police officers crying. They were in a panic.'

Loic Travers, one of the union officials, said the alleged attacker was an administrator in the intelligence unit.

Years - Problems - Travers

He had been working there for 20 years and had never posed any problems before, Travers said.

The motives of the attack are not yet known, but investigators suspect that a workplace row was behind it.

'Did he snap, or...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!