A Minute With: ‘The King’ Cast On Shakespeare And Role Models

www.oann.com | 9/2/2019 | Staff
srqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
(Reuters) – Actor Timothee Chalamet plays an unwilling heir who inherits the throne in “The King”, a mediaeval coming-of-age tale loosely based on William Shakespeare’s plays about Prince Hal and his transformation into England’s King Henry V.

The 23-year-old “Call Me by Your Name” and “Beautiful Boy” actor stars alongside Joel Edgerton, who plays Hal’s hard-drinking friend and mentor Sir John Falstaff, Lily-Rose Depp, who portrays Catherine, daughter of France’s King Charles, and Ben Mendelsohn, who features as Hal’s father, Henry IV.

Netflix - Film - Venice - Film - Festival

The Netflix film premiered at the Venice Film Festival last month, where Reuters spoke to the cast members and director David Michod about the drama, which also features a recreation of the 1415 Battle of Agincourt.

Below are edited excerpts of the interviews.

Part - Roles - Learning - Lessons - Movie

Q: This was a very different part from your previous leading roles, what were the biggest learning lessons making this movie?

Chalamet: “I felt less interested and less naturally drawn to anything that had to do with power but more to do with helplessness and being human and a young human at that – when you’re still figuring out who you are, who you want to be and having to navigate world affairs basically or governments or the snake-like nature of a royal court.”

Q - Character - Woman - Position - Power

Q: You, like your character, are a young woman in a position of power, how do you cope with the pressures of being someone many look up to or scrutinize?

Depp: “You do feel that responsibility whether you want it or not. But I think it’s also … important to remember that it’s hard to consider yourself a role model … when...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!