Actress fired for expressing biblical view of homosexuality sues for religious discrimination

www.christianpost.com | 10/1/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/32/233202.png

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

A Christian actress who lost her lead role in the stage production of "The Color Purple" after expressing a biblical view on homosexuality is now planning to sue both the theatre and her former agents for religious discrimination.

March - Seyi - Omooba - Role - Celie

In March, Seyi Omooba, 25, was given a starring role as Celie in a production of "The Color Purple," based on Alice Walker’s prize-winning novel, to be staged in Birmingham and Leicester, England. The character is seen by some readers as being gay; however, Omooba has said she does not agree with the interpretation of Celie as a **** character.

The London-based actress was dropped from the production after Aaron Lee Lambert, who stars in the West End production of Hamilton, shared a Facebook post Omooba wrote in September 2014, according to The Guardian.

Post - Omooba - Christians - Truth - Homosexuality

In the post, Omooba urged Christians to “tell the truth” about homosexuality, writing: “It is clearly evident in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 what the Bible says on this matter. I do not believe you can be born gay and I do not believe homosexuality is right…”

"I do believe that everyone sins and falls into temptation but it's by the asking of forgiveness, repentance and the grace of God that we overcome and live how God ordained us to. Which is that a man should leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24.

God - Everyone - Decisions - Christians - Truth

"God loves everyone, just because He doesn't agree with your decisions doesn't mean He doesn't love you. Christians we need to step up and love but also tell the truth of God's word,” she added. "I am tired of lukewarm Christianity, be inspired to stand up for what you believe and the truth…”

In his tweet, Lambert asked: “Do you still stand by this...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!