Ukrainian doctors give up on treating young boy's psoriasis leaving him in awful pain

Mail Online | 9/4/2014 | Roksana Panashchuk For Mailonline
Coraav (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/01/14/19155100-0-image-a-10_1569935364290.jpg

A nine-year-old boy with an extremely severe skin condition has lost hope after doctors gave up on him in Ukraine.

The boy, Vadym Demedyuk, suffers from agonising psoriasis and lives in constant pain.

Disease - Cent - Body - Treatment - Work

The disease affects 99 per cent of his body and a six-year treatment did not work.

Heartbroken mum, Natalia Pilat, said to local media: 'We've tried tonnes of creams and medication and nothing helped.'

Vadym - Body - Plaques - Patches - Skin

Vadym's body is covered with scaly plaques and crusty patches all over it. The abnormal skin constantly cracks and bleeds making him suffer from awful pain.

Natalia said: 'The dry skin falls off his feet leaving horrific wounds.

'He - Condition - Bed - Weeks

'He is often not able to walk due to the condition and has to stay in bed for weeks.

'Every move causes him unbearable pain.

'He told me, ''Mum, I would rather die than live like that''.'

During the last six years, the family sought medical help all over Ukraine, starting in the native village of Shypyntsi in the western Chernivtsi region and ending in the capital city of Kyiv.

Lot - Doctors - Parts

A lot of doctors from different parts of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!