‘I Lost My Body’: Find Yourself in Trailer for Netflix’s Animated Cannes Critics’ Week Winner

IndieWire | 9/30/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/ILMB-Still-6.png

Netflix scooped up global rights to Cannes Critics’ Week Award winner “I Lost My Body,” from Xilam Animation, after its premiere at the festival. Now, the streaming giant has tapped Dev Patel, Alia Shawkat, and George Wendt to lead the English-language cast of French director Jérémy Clapin’s animated feature debut, in which young love and childhood memories intertwine as a severed hand crosses Paris in search of its owner.

Additionally, filmmaker Andrew Bujalski has been named the Creative Lead of the English dub under the supervision of director Clapin.

Patel - Shawkat - Wendt - Voiceover - Cast

Patel, Shawkat, and Wendt replace the original French voiceover cast led by Hakim Faris, Victoire Du Bois, and Patrick d’Assumçao.

The film’s official synopsis reads: “In a Parisian laboratory, a severed hand escapes its unhappy fate and sets out to reconnect with its body in this Cannes Critics’ Week selection. During a hair-raising escapade across the city, the extremity fends off pigeons and rats alike to reunite with pizza boy Naoufel. Its memories of Naoufel and his love for librarian Gabrielle may provide answers about what caused the hand’s separation, and a poetic backdrop for a possible reunion between the three.”

Film - Spot - IndieWire - Best - Movies

The film earned a spot on IndieWire’s Best Movies of the 2019 Cannes Film Festival,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...