Dev Patel, Alia Shawkat Top English Voice Cast of Cannes Favorite ‘I Lost My Body’

Variety | 9/30/2019 | Terry Flores
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/i-lost-my-body-xilam.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Dev Patel, Alia Shawkat and George Wendt are leading the English cast of the critically-acclaimed animated film “I Lost My Body,” directed by Jeremy Clapin.

The unique film, which follows the adventures of a severed hand as it tries to find its way back to its body through the subways and streets of Paris, won the Nespresso Grand Prize at the Cannes Film Festival’s Critics’ Week, beating out its all live-action competition. Variety’s chief film critic Peter Debruge said of the film: “It’s one of the most original and creative animated features I’ve ever seen: macabre, of course — how could it be otherwise, given the premise? — but remarkably captivating and unexpectedly poetic in the process.”

My - Body - Netflix - Fall - Release

“I Lost My Body,” picked up by Netflix and scheduled for a fall release in U.S. theaters before bowing on the streaming service, is one part mystery, one part adventure and one part love story, with flashbacks showing the life of the hand’s owner, Naoufel a Moroccan orphan who was sent to live with his neglectful uncle and boorish cousin in Paris and who eventually falls for a young librarian, Gabrielle. The film is based on the novel “Happy Hand,” by “Amelie” screenwriter Guillaume Laurant, who worked on the adaptation of “I Lost My Body” with director Clapin. It’s the first full-length feature for Clapin.

While at "The Irishman" premiere, star Robert De Niro talks about seeing himself de-aged in the movie, the controversy surrounding his other film "Joker" and supports Donald Trump's impeachment.

Patel - Naoufel - Shawkat - Gabrielle - Wendt

Patel will voice Naoufel, Shawkat will play Gabrielle and Wendt will play Gabrielle’s kind-hearted uncle, who gives Naoufel a job in his woodworking shop.

Clapin said Patel told him he was excited to be a part of the project. “He told me he wanted to be a part of this because he had never...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!