Fashion account slammed for ignoring legendary model Alek Wek in picture with Gigi and Bella Hadid

Mail Online | 9/27/2019 | Freya Drohan For Dailymail.com
emilia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/27/20/19022812-0-image-a-71_1569612869090.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/09/14/8021903630802531283/1024x576_MP4_8021903630802531283.mp4

Whoever runs W Magazine's Twitter account - which has 1.5 million followers - likely had some explaining to do today.

On September 26, the magazine shared a link to a story on Twitter along with a picture of sisters Gigi and Bella Hadid posing with fellow model Alek Wek - but while Gigi and Bella were described as 'pretty in pink,' the tweet failed to name-check industry veteran Alek, 42, who stood in the middle.

Fans - Magazine - Model

Fans certainly noticed, and many responded to slam the magazine for ignoring the model

South Sudanese-British model Alek has been modeling for high profile brands and publications since she was discovered in South London at age 18.

Alek - Brands - Chanel - Gucci - Ralph

Alek - who has worked with renowned brands such as Chanel, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Dior and Yves Saint Laurent - has often been lauded for her influence in the fashion and beauty industry.

Oprah Winfrey notably once said, 'If [Alek] had been on the cover of a magazine when I was growing up, I would have had a different concept of who I was.'

Fashion - Industry - W - Magazine - Twitter

So she's certainly known in the fashion industry, which made it all the more strange when W Magazine's Twitter account failed to acknowledge her presence in a photo.

Responses included one from a bewildered person who simply slammed, 'Damn, W! Damn damn damn.'

Someone - Y'all - Woman - Middle

'There's someone else,' said one more, while another wrote, 'So y'all aren't going to name the beautiful woman in the middle?!'

Another said: 'I guess the melanated beauty in the middle can just drop dead...?'

Post - Followers - Link - W - Magazine

The offending post directed followers to a link on W Magazine's website, to a feature with the same title, declaring that Gigi and Bella were pretty in pink.

While the tweet was published via SocialFlow, a social media optimization platform that allows media publications and businesses to schedule...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The Democratic Party would be dead without the Republican Enabler Party! GOPe, fighting for Democrats since...