A toothy, pigtailed Michelle Obama grins in rare childhood photo with big brother Craig

Mail Online | 9/27/2019 | Carly Stern For Dailymail.com
stefaniastefania (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/27/17/19017662-0-image-a-42_1569600733653.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/14/5722717334352018449/1024x576_MP4_5722717334352018449.mp4

Michelle Obama shared a rare throwback photo of herself as a child on Instagram on Thursday, as she announced the third Obama Summit will take place in her hometown of Chicago.

The 55-year-old former first lady got nostalgic as she reflected on growing up on the South Side of Chicago, not far from where the Obama Foundation will host its summit on October 29 of this year.

Picture - Michelle - Brother - Craig

In the picture she posted, a young, pigtailed Michelle is seen grinning while posing outside with her big brother Craig.

The two photogenic appear to be dressed for fall in the photo, which was likely taken in the late '60s — decades before Mrs. Obama would grow up to be first lady, and her brother Craig, now 57, would be vice president for player and organizational development for the New York Knicks, as he is today.

Mrs - Obama - Photo - Subscribers - Obama

Mrs. Obama also sent the photo along to subscribers to the Obama Foundation email list, along with a message.

'When I think back to some of the earliest days of my childhood, I remember moments like this — my brother Craig and I, smiling outside on the South Side of Chicago,' she wrote.

'It - Diverse - Neighborhood - Journey - Age

'It was there, in a diverse and changing neighborhood, that I began a journey that took me to settings I never could have imagined at that age. It’s the place that made me who I am.

'I’m thinking about my neighborhood because in a few weeks, Barack and I will be joining changemakers from the South Side and around the world for our third Obama Foundation Summit. It’ll take place October 28 and 29th, and we’ll be livestreaming it on obama.org,' she went on.

Stories - Authors - Artists - Luminaries - Leaders

'We’ll hear stories from authors and artists, luminaries and leaders, about how the places they’ve been have made them the people they’ve become. And you’ll...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Trump - Just saying what the rest won't