MEDITATION MONDAY – FROM THE BEDROCK OF BEING COMES ACTION

Godspacelight | 9/23/2019 | Staff
n.king (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/earth-216834_1280.jpg

From the bedrock of being comes action. These are the words that came to me during my daily time of contemplation a couple of days ago.

The last couple of weeks have provided rich times of contemplation and replenishment for me as I focused on the need to be rather than the dire to do. . I feel as though my soul has been renewed as I have read Henri Nouwen, made apple cider, listened to my friend Mark Pierson, drunk my own cups of tea and taken long walks with our dog Goldie.

Time - Chair - Replenishment - State - Foundation

Now however it is time to move out of my chair and get involved. This replenishment, this state of being provides the foundation, the bedrock from which action must spring and there is a stirring within me as I realize my soul is getting ready for action.

But what does my soul long to do? What pulls at my heart calling me to action?

Climate - Strike - Climate - Change - Climate

Climate strike, climate change, climate disaster. These are the things that eat at my soul and say “do something”. I cannot watch the young people crying out for changes to our destructive use of the earth’s resources or follow the path of disastrous weather events like Hurricane Dorian and tropical storm Imelda without knowing that I need to respond.

We Can Always Do Something More.

Words - Week - Mind - Community - Mustard

I am not sure who said these words this week but they keep revolving in my mind and I know they are for me. The small community we call the Mustard Seed House has always worked to live sustainably and lightly on the earth but I know there is far more that we could and should be doing. This is a crisis, a crisis that shows we have not be good stewards to the earth that God asks us to take responsibility for....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!