My life with Apert syndrome

www.christianpost.com | 9/22/2019 | Staff
bluelilly (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/30/233074.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

Life, in general, is not always an easy thing to live through or to handle. In John 16:33 Jesus said, “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” Sometimes we need this reminder more often than we think.

Parents - Child - Daughters - Sixteen - Mom

My parents where not expecting to have another child. They already had two grown daughters (one was sixteen, the other was twenty one) when my mom went to the doctor and found out she was pregnant again. But the one thing that she and my dad were never told was that the son my mom was carrying would be born with Apert Syndrome, a congenital birth defect of the hands and face. When I was born, my forehead was pushed outward, my eyes and nose were pushed back into my head, and my fingers and toes were fused together so that I could not move them individually. Doctors told my parents that I had no skull opening and no room for my brain to grow and, therefore, I would eventually become brain dead.

The best plan, the doctors said, was to put me into an institution. On hearing this, my dad took a walk to pray and ask God what he should do. As he prayed, he heard the Holy Spirit say to him “be still.” Psalm 46:10 says “Be still, and know that I am God.” Sometimes in life, the plans that we have won’t always turn out the way we expect. We wonder at times where God is when the trials and tribulations come, and where He is when it hurts.

Place - Times - Life

I have been in that place, and have asked why many times in my life....
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: