Queer Eye's Jonathan Van Ness Reveals He Is HIV-Positive

E! Online | 9/21/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2019821/rs_600x600-190921121235-600-ness.cm.92119.jpg?fit=around%7C600:467&crop=600:467;center,top&output-quality=90

Van Ness also revealed much about his childhood and past turmoil. When he was young, he was sexually abused by an older boy from church. He also said that when he was in his early teens, he spent hours in AOL chat rooms and met up with older men for sex.

When he was in college, he spent his monthly allowance of $200 from his mother on cocaine and made extra cash by advertising sex for money on Gay.com. The New York Times reported that in his early 20s, a couple he met on Grindr introduced him to smoking meth. Addicted to sex and drugs, he went to rehab twice.

Van - Ness - College - Year - Certificate

Van Ness flunked out of college his freshman year, after which he got his beautician certificate and eventually ended up working as a salon assistant in Los Angeles. When he was 25, he fainted at work. He sought treatment at a Planned Parenthood clinic the next day tested positive for HIV.

This marked the most candid interview with Van Ness since he publicly revealed his gender identity in June.

Older - Nonconforming

"The older I get, the more I think that I'm nonbinary—I'm gender nonconforming," he told Out...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!