The Restrainer of 2 Thessalonians, Liturgy and the End Times. Wherein Fr. Z speculates and rants.

wdtprs.com | 9/21/2019 | View all posts by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf →
moni (Posted by) Level 3

Here’s something to chew on for this Ember Saturday.

Earlier, I posted a video about the Traditional Latin Mass in a parish setting. The presence of that Mass in the schedule has exerted a huge influence on the worship of the whole parish. The older, traditional forms have a knock-on effect on many levels.

Note - Carmel - Pennsylvania - Carmel - Nuns

On a related note, there is a Carmel in Pennsylvania which has spun off from a previous Carmel, where there were too many nuns, too many vocations. Well… “too many” is a good problem. Vocations are rising in traditional monasteries. In ten years their mother house has made FIVE new foundations. They use the Traditional Roman Rite and women are knocking on the door.

This new Carmel community is building. The video shows what they are building.

Points - Video - Comment - Communities - Nuns

One of the intriguing points that comes up in the video is the comment by the superior that were these communities of traditional nuns, contemplatives, to collapse, so to the Faith in the Church and in the world would collapse. I have long written here on this blog about this point using the slogan Save The Liturgy – Save The World.

Can we doubt this? I think we are teetering on the brink of this now, which is one reason why certain powers that be attack, specifically, newly forming traditional communities.

More on this, below.

PREFACE: I need to ramble a little. Think aloud, as it were. There is a line of thought here, which I am developing.

St - Paul - Thessalonians - Concept - Restrainer

St. Paul writes in 2 Thessalonians 2 about an eschatological concept, “the restrainer”.

According to Paul, before the “Day of the Lord” comes the “Son of Perdition” or “Antichrist” must show up. Hence, if we haven’t seen the Son of Perdition, then the end is not upon us. Therefore, we must conduct ourselves not as if the world is about...
(Excerpt) Read more at: wdtprs.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!