NBC's Jimmy Fallon Dedicates Show to Promoting Harris' Campaign

NewsBusters | 9/21/2019 | Staff
SweetStuff33 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/the_tonight_show_starring_jimmy_fallon_-_kamala_harris_lilly_singh_charli_xcx_christine_and_the_queens_-_12_00_12_am.jpg

Monday’s Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon could have easily been mistaken for a Kamala Harris campaign rally. Being granted a generous portion of the show, Senator Harris pleaded the case for her presidential aspirations to viewers at home and the in-studio audience filled exclusively with college students.

Harris began the night by partaking in the time-honored Fallon tradition of “slow jamming” the news, a skit former President Obama was also treated to, all designed to push Democratic talking points. Harris began:

Week - Debate - People - President - Servant

During last week's debate, I told the American people why I'm running for President. I'm a public servant, a civil rights leader, and the second African- American woman in history to be elected to the United States Senate. At the core of my campaign is my 3 a.m. agenda, my plan to solve the issues that keep Americans up at night. I'll implement Medicare for All and even give middle class families $500 a month right in their pockets. And let me tell you something, I'm just getting started.

Without missing a “beat” (pun intended) Fallon joined in by heaping praise upon the Senator; “Oh yeah. Kamala Harris is just heating up. She's thinking about you late at night, when you're trying to put that sweet, restless body of yours to bed. Is that $500 dollars in your pocket? Or are you just happy your health care is free? With Kamala, it's both.”

Fallon - Band - Member - Black - Thought

Fallon’s band member, Black Thought (a.k.a. Tarik Trotter), then serenaded Harris with a fawning jingle: “Ever since Barack left we've been off track but Kamala is trying to get us back to black.”

Two other notable quotes from the slow jamming session included Fallon’s snarky remark, “So what you're trying to say is that..Trump's the bad guy?” As well as his inquiry: “Now tell me this Kama Kama Kama Kamala Harris...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!