Ruth Bader Ginsburg Questions Critics Who Say She Should Have Retired Under Obama

Breitbart | 9/20/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/01/GettyImages-1041254008.jpg

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg addressed critics who say she should have retired during one of former President Obama’s two terms, asking: “Who do you think the president could nominate that could get through the Republican Senate, who you would prefer on the court than me?”

Ginsburg, who has faced a number of medical battles in recent years, appeared at an event in New York City Wednesday with NPR’s Nina Totenberg and addressed the critics who say she should have taken the opportunity to retire when Obama was in office and in a position to appoint a progressive judge in her place.

Suggestion - Question - President - Republican - Senate

“When that suggestion is made, I ask the question: Who do you think the president could nominate that could get through the Republican Senate, who you would prefer on the court than me?” Ginsburg said, according to CNBC.

The 86-year-old Supreme Court justice was recently treated for pancreatic cancer, which was discovered during a blood test in July. Ginsburg underwent radiation therapy at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City last month:

Doctors - Time - Rest - Body - Justice

Doctors said at the time the rest of her body is cancer-free, and the justice told a crowd at the National Book Festival in Washington D.C. she is on her way to being “very well”:

That has not been Ginsburg’s only health battle.

Breitbart - News

As Breitbart News reported:

Ginsburg, the liberal face of the Supreme Court, has fought cancer on and off for roughly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!