Haley Lu Richardson, ‘Euphoria’s Barbie Ferreira to Star in HBO Max Abortion Film ‘UNpregnant’

Collider | 9/19/2019 | Jeff Sneider
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/barbie-euphoria-600x400.jpg

I just finished watching the first season of HBO’s Euphoria last week, and was greatly impressed by the entire young cast, including Barbie Ferreira, who plays cam girl Kat Hernandez. Well I’m not the only who was impressed, as Ferreira has just landed a lead role alongside Haley Lu Richardson in the HBO Max movie UNpregnant.

Rachel Lee Goldenberg (The Mindy Project) is directing from a script by Jenni Hendricks and Ted Caplan, who adapted their own YA book of the same name. The coming-of-age story follows a Missouri teen (Richardson) who embarks on a 900-mile road trip to New Mexico in a stolen El Camino with her ex-best friend (Ferreira) in order to obtain a legal abortion — though the ‘a-word’ is, curiously, never once mentioned in HBO Max’s press release. Instead, the streamer keeps referring to it as “a decision,” which makes me wonder how they’ll deal with any potential controversy down the line.

Greg - Berlanti - Partner - Sarah - Schechter

Greg Berlanti is producing with his partner Sarah Schechter, while Erik Feig is producing with his PictureStart execs Lucy Kitada and Jessica Switch. Berlanti recently signed a $400 million dollar deal to remain in the Warners...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?