We’re Back! — Update from John Piper

Desiring God | 9/20/2019 | John Piper
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/we-re-back-update-from-john-piper-k5zhvvac-en/landscape/we-re-back-update-from-john-piper-k5zhvvac-bcbba7c4cc47125d9a26eb5f1d2a4d0e.jpg?ts=1568925056&ixlib=rails-3.0.2&auto=format,compress&fit=min&w=800&h=450

We are back in the studio again, Pastor John. It is really great to be back, though a little different. I’m now in Phoenix, my new home. We moved here in July. You’re in Minneapolis. We are both again in our home studios. This spring you traveled to Belfast and to Edinburgh. And then you went on a forty-day writing leave this summer. We just returned from Sing! Nashville and our first ever live APJ recording session in front of a few thousand listeners. It seemed to go well. You’re back now in the studio for a little while — and actually, by the time this new episode airs, you’ll be on your way out the door once again, this time to minister in Holland, France, and Germany. So how is 2019 going?

Well, when I think about the summer, especially the completion of the providence book a few days ago, the answer to the question, “How’s the summer going?” feels like it should be answered from Isaiah 46:3–4:

Womb

carried from the womb;

and to gray hairs I will carry you.

I have made, and I will bear;

I will carry and will save.

Words - Tony - Summer - Sense

In other words, Tony, I feel this summer that I’m being carried. That’s my main sense.

Here’s a small parable that our listeners might find encouraging for their lives. It certainly is for mine. This is a little parable of God’s carrying providence during the writing of the book on providence.

Writing - Half - Two-thirds - Way - Summary

I began the forty-day writing leave about half or two-thirds of the way through what I hoped would be a biblical summary of the goal and nature and extent of God’s providence. I thought that meant that this summer I might write fifty thousand words in addition to the hundred thousand or so I already had.

There was no detailed outline. It just kind...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: