Dear Daddy, I’m Not Your Little Girl Anymore

Rick Thomas | 9/19/2019 | Rick Thomas
loranseen (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2030/06/RMlogoDearDaddyImNotYourLittleGirlAnymore.jpg

God makes children in His image, but parents have a way of reshaping that image by how they treat them. This sad letter from a wayward teenager to her daddy reflects the devastating power in parenting.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

It has taken me a long time to get the nerve to write this letter. Now that I’m on my own and the chaos of home is in the past, I’ve had time to think about a few things. This letter will be hard for both of us, but I figured if I did not do it now, I never would write what is on my heart.

Rant - Teen - Hope - Lines - Years

So, here it goes. I suppose this will come across as a rant from a rebellious teen. Maybe it is. My hope is you’ll not just read the lines, but read between them too. Yes, I’m angry. I’ve been mad for many years. That’s an understatement, but you already knew this.

In the past, you focused on my anger and blamed me for my attitude. I know I have a responsibility for my actions. I get that, but our problems go both ways—and much more in-depth than who’s at fault. For once I want you to set aside your blame and listen to mine. Yes, I’m blaming you.

Girl - Everything - Protector - Believe

I hurt inside. I have struggled for as long as I can remember. When I was a little girl, I saw you as my everything. You were my protector, so I thought. I also thought you loved and cared for me. I guess that is how must little girls believe.

It didn’t take long for me to realize that your protective and loving care was more about my desire than...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: