Max Lucado: We live in an advanced culture, so why are we so unhappy?

www.christianpost.com | 9/19/2019 | Staff
jollyjetta (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/30/233032.jpg

Max Lucado: We live in an advanced culture, so why are we so unhappy?

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

Author - Max - Lucado - Words - Wisdom

Author Max Lucado offered words of wisdom about happiness, stressing that the best way to become happy is to give encouragement.

In a Monday discussion at the Museum of the Bible, Lucado sat down with National Community Church Pastor Mark Batterson to explore the nature of happiness. Lucado's latest book is called How Happiness Happens.

Summer - Sermon - Series - Author - Statistics

During a summer sermon series the author stumbled upon some statistics about happiness that whet his appetite for exploring the subject — a Harris survey showing that only one in three Americans considers themselves to be happy. In light of this discovery he continued to research the topic and found several other pieces of corresponding data.

"How could this be? We've never lived in a more advanced culture. We've never lived in a society that has more technological advances, and I know we're far from perfect ... but there's a lot of things to be grateful for," Lucado said.

Focus - Series - Verses - Scripture - Sauce

It dawned on him that the focus of his sermon series, which was on the "one another" verses in Scripture, were the "secret sauce" of happiness. He recalled the words of Jesus where he said that "it was better to give than receive" and how he had seen that to be true. As he gave, his spirit was lifted, and he was happier. A self-centered life, by contrast, yields sadness, he continued.

Asked why he thinks happiness is so hard to find, he replied: "Unique to our day and age, unique to our generation, unique especially to our society, is this literal bombardment of marketing that seeks to tell me I'm unhappy in order that I'll make a purchase that will make me happy, which eventually does not make me happy, which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: