Phil Hartman's brother-in-law breaks his silence 20 years after the star's murder

Mail Online | 5/28/1998 | Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
Night987 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/18/20/18638548-0-image-a-18_1568835139558.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/09/18/7500812151571104879/1024x576_MP4_7500812151571104879.mp4

Phil Hartman's brother-in-law has spoken for the first time publicly about his death at the hands of his sister in an interview 20 years after she shot the comedian and then killed herself in their home.

Hartman, who was a beloved member of Saturday Night Live and also worked on The Simpsons, was killed by his third wife Brynn in their home in 1998.

Head - Home - Drunk - Cocaine - Zoloft

She shot him in the head and then killed herself after returning home drunk, high on cocaine and with the antidepressant Zoloft in her system.

Her brother Greg Omdahl later sued Pfizer, which made the antidepressant, claiming it cast her out of her right mind.

Part - Days - Phil - Hartman - ABC

As part of The Last Days of Phil Hartman, an ABC 20/20 episode about the couple's deaths, he spoke for the first time about them and how it felt like a 'gut punch' finding out what had happened.

'I've lost a sister, that was such a wonderful person, and a brother in law that was wonderful. It was very hard.

Gut - Sister - Anyone

'It was like getting punched in the gut because I knew my sister would never murder anyone.

'It was such a hard thing to face,' Greg said.

Hartman - Brynn - Divorce

Hartman and Brynn married in 1987. They began dating not long after his second divorce.

He was a rising star, having worked with The Groundlings and on shows like Captain Carl and The Pee Wee Herman Show.

Break - SNl - Writer - Producer

In 1986, he got his break with SNl which he joined as a writer and producer.

Brynn, whose real name was Vicki Jo, had moved to Los Angeles after growing up in a small town in Minnesota.

Blonde - Aspirations - Actress - Model - Swimsuit

She was tall, blonde and had aspirations of becoming an actress or model. She appeared in a few swimsuit campaigns but her on-screen career never took-off.

Brynn developed a crippling cocaine habit...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never under estimate the power of the people, especially when they are a stupid mass!