Father-of-five, 38, jailed for three-and-a-half years after battering girlfriend

Mail Online | 9/18/2019 | Emily Webber For Mailonline
jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/18/18/18635726-0-image-a-25_1568827550973.jpg

A father-of-five was jailed for three-and-a-half years after he beat his girlfriend during a 'drink-and-drug-fuelled' rage while on a luxury weekend for her birthday.

Plumber Ronnie Gaunt, 38, from the Halewood area of Liverpool, had booked his then girlfriend Leah Walters, 25, into a five-star Hilton hotel in Manchester city centre.

Birthday - Presents - Meal - Celebrity - Haunt

He bought her birthday presents and took her for a meal at celebrity haunt Menagerie before the couple went for drinks at the Deansgate Locks complex.

It was not long before Gaunt spiralled into a 'drink-and-drug-fuelled' outburst after snorting cocaine during their night out.

Hotel - Gaunt - Fellows - Guests

Back at their hotel, Gaunt claimed fellows guests were discriminating against him 'because he was white'.

He then turned on Miss Walters in their room after she told him she was leaving.

Assault - Gaunt - Victim - Throat - Hands

During the assault, Gaunt grabbed the victim around the throat with both hands and shouted, 'you're not going, you slag', before chasing her down the corridor as she tried to flee.

He grabbed her by the hair pulling clumps out of her scalp then began kicking and punching her in the face and head during a 15-minute beating.

Gaunt - Hotel - Lift - Hotel

One guest tried to intervene but Gaunt told him to 'f*** off' and fled into the hotel lift before he was arrested outside the hotel.

Police found blood spattered over the walls of the corridor and in the lift.

Officers - Snap-bag - Cocaine - Gaunt - Couple

Officers also found an empty snap-bag, containing cocaine, which belonged to Gaunt, in the couple's hotel room.

Miss Walters, who has two children with Gaunt, lost consciousness during the assault and was later treated in hospital for various injuries to her head and body.

Statement - 'I - Thing - Children

In a statement to police she said: 'I feel sick with what has happened and the worst thing is my children have to look at what he has done to me.

'I thought he loved me....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: