The Rookie: Afton Williamson Calls Investigation Findings 'Heartbreaking'

TVLine | 9/17/2019 | Dave Nemetz
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/rookie-bishop-leaving-afton-williamson.jpg?w=621

View this post on Instagram

What saddens me the most is that the lengths that were taken to Deceive, Lie, and Cover Up the Truth, were far greater than those made to Protect and Maintain a Safe Working Environment for Employees. It’s Heartbreaking for everyone on that set; Past and Present. And for every Actor out there who Stands in the Face Of Harassment and Discrimination, Assault and Injustice. As a Black Woman, an Artist, an Actor, in 2019. My Speaking the Truth, Standing up for myself, and Leaving an Unsafe Work Environment, Changed things for a lot of people: Black Women, Artists, Actors, Victims, and Survivors of Injustice and Discrimination; Gave Hope and a Promise that things Will Change; that things ARE CHANGING. And that is Not in Vain. My prayer is that we get to a point in this Industry where we don’t just Talk about it in 2 hour Mandatory Meetings. But we adhere to Keeping the Promises Made to Everyone on every set, Tirelessly Fulfilling their Dreams with Passion and Dedication. In order to Be the Change, I want to see, I will Continue to Work so that Casts & Crews alike finally See Words Align With Action. We’ve got to Do Better as an Industry. It’s just Talk until you actually Do Something. ❤️

A post shared by Afton Williamson (@therealaftonw) on

Former The Rookie star Afton Williamson is responding to the news that her claims of on-set harassment have been dismissed.

In an Instagram post on Tuesday, the actress said the investigation’s findings — which concluded that there was no unlawful or inappropriate behavior from the people Williamson accused — were “heartbreaking for everyone on that set, past and present.” She added that “what saddens me the most is that the lengths that were taken to deceive, lie, and cover up the truth were far greater than those made to protect and maintain a safe working environment for employees.” She vowed to “continue to work so that casts and crews alike finally see words align with action.”

Tuesday - Findings - Investigation

Earlier on Tuesday, the findings of an internal investigation into...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.