New York Times reporter behind Kavanaugh story also wrote deleted tweet

Mail Online | 9/17/2019 | Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
xhelloworld (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/17/21/18596110-0-image-a-6_1568753905349.jpg

The New York Times reporter behind the now widely-condemned article about Brett Kavanaugh is also the person who wrote an inappropriate tweet calling his alleged sexual assault of a woman 'harmless fun'.

Robin Pogrebin is a culture reporter for the Times and is also one of two journalists behind a new book about Kavanaugh's years at college.

Kate - Kelly - Wall - Street - Reporter

She and colleague Kate Kelly, who is a Wall Street reporter, spent 10 months working on the book which they say focuses on Deborah Ramirez's claim that Kavanaugh put his **** in her face in 1983 at a dorm party.

The pair have come under intense scrutiny for the fact that in an early online excerpt from the book, the Times left out the fact that another woman Kavanaugh was seen allegedly assaulting neither remembers the incident nor did she want to talk to journalists.

Controversies - Story - Tweet

It is one of two controversies surrounding the story. The first was the tweet.

On Tuesday, Politico cited senior NYT staff who said it was Pogrebin who wrote the tweet.

Responsibility

She has refused to take responsibility for it.

When asked about it on CNN on Tuesday, she said: 'We decided to not really try to excavate blame for this tweet but to realize in a vacuum it was ill worded and poor judgement and shouldn't have gone out so we took it down and apologized.

Tweet - Tweet - Distraction - That

'All I can say is the tweet was written and the tweet was sent out and it shouldn't have been sent out. I just feel like it's a distraction to try to go back over that.'

Politico reports that Pogrebin wrote the tweet and sent it out without it being checked.

'It - Errors - Way - Insider

'It was really neglectful. There were serious errors made along the way,' the unnamed insider said.

The tweet was then deleted. Then,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8