Restored Purpose

Pastors.com | 4/18/2017 | Website
megzmegz123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pastors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/cr-september-testimony.png

Hi, I am Ray. I am an U.S. Army Veteran, believer and follower of Jesus, who struggles with life issues and self.

My recovery story began as a child. In 1952, my parents were missionaries to Argentina, where I was born. Six years later, I accepted Christ as my Savior. My mother led me to the Lord at the kitchen table.

Believer - Dad - Mom - Ministry - Mom

Shortly after becoming a believer, my dad started treating my mom badly, both verbally and physically. I learned later that he was leaving the ministry and abandoning my mom with four children. She was getting ready to deliver her fifth child.

Everything came to a head one night. My dad almost killed my mom. The police came and some other missionaries took my siblings and me with them. My mom had to be hospitalized. She gave birth to my sister with no complications, except she had a concussion and bruising.

Life - Night - Family - Missionaries - Mom

My life changed that night. We went from a family serving as missionaries to feeling abandoned, as my mom arranged with the mission board to return us to the United States.

We went to live with my mom’s parents for a while, until my Mom was able to find work as an elementary teacher. My grandfather was a pastor, so I had a stern upbringing. He applied the board of education to the seat of my pants on several occasions. I deserved it every time, just ask my mom.

Home - Mom - School - Charleston - South

Once we moved into a mobile home, my mom started teaching in a military school in Charleston, South Carolina, where my brother and I were able to attend on a scholarship. My brother did not like the military school, but I loved it. I can remember my first day in the third grade learning to stand at attention. I was wearing wool military slacks with a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Pastors.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: