No. 8 Auburn Opens SEC Play At No. 17 Texas A&M

www.oann.com | 9/7/2019 | Staff
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Freshman quarterback Bo Nix faces his first true road test when No. 8 Auburn opens SEC play Saturday at No. 17 Texas A&M.

Tigers coach Gus Malzahn hopes the experience Nix gained in a season-opening neutral-site win over Oregon prepared him for what he will experience at a packed Kyle Field in College Station, Texas.

Fans - Oregon - Exciting - Atmosphere - Game

“Although we had more fans than Oregon, it was still an exciting atmosphere and a big game,” Malzahn said of the Aug. 31 win in Arlington, Texas. “He has that in his back pocket as far as experience on the road.

“What we are going to see is us truly on the road at one of the loudest places in our league, so we are going to do a good job preparing for the crowd noise, and we have done that the last three weeks, even when playing at home.”

Texas - A - M - Coach - Jimbo

Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher said Nix’s background could play in his favor. Nix is the son of former Auburn quarterback Patrick Nix and also the grandson of a former coach.

“I’ve known Bo for a long time,” Fisher said. “Again, his father played for me and was one heck of a football player. Not only that, as a competitor and as a football mind, he’s one of the best I’ve ever been associated with.

Dad - Winner - Coach - College - School

“His dad’s a winner. I mean he’s a great coach — he’s coached in college, coached in high school — so he’ll have a lot of intangibles in his blood that some other freshmen may not, just from the experiences of being around those things.”

Nix has completed only 52.4 percent of his passes, but he had his most efficient outing last week when he completed 12 of 16 attempts for 161...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: