Shane Gillis Gets Support from ‘SNL’ Alums Norm Macdonald, Rob Schneider After Being Fired

Breitbart | 9/17/2019 | Staff
moni (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/09/shanegillisalums1-640x335.jpg

Saturday Night Live (SNL) alums Norm Macdonald and Robert Schneider have expressed their sympathy with comedian Shane Gillis after he was fired from the NBC comedy show on Monday following the resurfacing of old jokes where he used slurs against Asians and gays.

The firing has been widely criticized, including by SNL alums Norm Macdonald and Robert Schneider, who lamented the new era of “cultural unforgiveness” against comedians.

SNL - Cast - Member - Misfortune - Cast

“As a former SNL cast member I am sorry that you had the misfortune of being a cast member during this era of cultural unforgiveness where comedic misfires are subject to the intolerable inquisition of those who never risked bombing on stage themselves,” wrote Schneider.

“Hey, Shane, I’m so sorry. I can’t even imagine how you must feel,” added MacDonald. “The work it takes to get that show and to have it snatched away by some guy who does “Spoken Bird” poetry. Unacceptable. Please DM me, pal, when you have a moment. I’m so sorry.”

Gillis - Departure - Days - SNL - Cast

Gillis’ departure came just four days after SNL announced that he would be joining the cast for the show’s new season, premiering later this month.

The controversy began after the resurfacing of past remarks he made on Matt and Shane’s Secret Podcast where he is heard talking about New York’s Chinatown....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!