What’s Your Ministry Leadership Attitude?

Orange Leaders | 9/17/2019 | Daron Dickens
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://orangeblogs.org/orangeleaders/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/09/MinistryAttitude.jpg

I love being a dad. I love the idea of walking with these kids as they discover the world. I love the opportunity to see things from such a different perspective. I even love my two boys jumping/attacking me at all hours of the day. However, what I don’t love is . . . crying! It drives me absolutely crazy. For the most part, I have to accept that it’s the only way they know how to communicate at such a young age. However, I did discover a phenomenon that greatly reduced the amount of crying at our house when our kids were small.

As my two very curious, adventurous boys would take on the world, they would often fall. Where this traditionally would follow with much crying, I noticed something interesting. A split second after they fell they often looked to me to see how I reacted. My reaction often prompted whether they would cry, or be able to dust off and move on. It’s a great responsibility, but one that is part of the job description of any leader whether parent, minister, project leader or the like.

Leader - People - Comfort - Strength - Something

As a leader, people look to you for comfort and strength. How you respond to something matters. You set the tone. If you complain about something that’s not fair then they’re going to feel like it’s okay to complain. There’s nothing worse than trying to work toward a common goal with a team of complainers. Regardless of our personal insecurities, doubts or worries, we need to look strongly toward the common goal we’re trying to achieve as a team.

When I was a pastor, I once lamented about some difficulty to a friend and fellow minister. I was complaining about how things were stacked against me and very difficult in the job I was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Orange Leaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!