Professor VALTER LONGO, an expert on ageing, reveals foods that can help you roll back the years 

Mail Online | 9/16/2019 | Daily Mail Reporter
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/17/01/18555310-0-image-a-58_1568680879622.jpg

All this week in the Daily Mail — as part of our Good Health for Life series — we will be sharing advice by leading experts about how to stay healthier for longer, to help ensure you stay in the best shape possible, well into your later years.

From tips to protect your memory, to eating right to support an older body and exercises that will help keep you supple and strong, we will show you the surest ways to fight the effects of time.

Today - Pullout - Days - Month - Diseases

In today’s pullout, we reveal how changing your diet and fasting for a few days each month can protect you from diseases associated with old age, based on a book called The Longevity Diet, by ageing expert Professor Valter Longo.

He is an award-winning researcher, gerontologist, biological science professor and director of the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California in the U.S.

Plenty - Truth - 'You

There's plenty of truth in the saying: 'You are what you eat.'

The science is now unequivocal — food can determine how you look and function, whether you sleep well at night, how your brain operates, whether you will stay thin or gain weight, even whether your body is shaped more like an apple or a pear.

Research - Professor - Valter - Longo - University

But research by Professor Valter Longo at the University of Southern California in the U.S. has also shown that there is another key element of our diet that can transform our health, our risk of disease, even the rate at which we age: Fasting.

We know how important it is to eliminate or minimise the consumption of food that will make your life shorter and sicker, and to increase the consumption of nutrients that will make your life longer and healthier. But that is not enough.

Period - Times - Year

He is convinced that a short period of fasting two or three times a year...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?