Why Apple Arcade is a must-try for this hardcore Android user

CNET | 9/16/2019 | Shelby Brown
jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/GAXj8HCk9RBNZOYO5_qdBbYF0Og=/756x567/2019/09/16/1809c5a6-f322-459e-a50b-825ea0a6513c/apple-arcade-characters.jpg

I haven't been paying much attention to the hype around Apple Arcade, the tech giant's new game subscription service. Why would I? I don't have an iPhone. I'm not going to get an iPhone. I only use a Mac for work. When I play video games, it's usually on my old PlayStation 4 -- and still I buy discs.

But Apple Arcade has gently tapped my shoulder and convinced me to take another look.

IPhone - Minute - Years - Decision - Android

I haven't had an iPhone in a hot minute -- in over seven years, to be exact. I haven't regretted my decision to switch to Android despite the sparkly offerings laid out by Apple at its recent iPhone event. The prices aren't worth going back for. I can't justify $1,000, essentially a mortgage payment, for a phone.

But Arcade is affordable -- $4.99 per month (£4.99, AU$7.99), Apple said at its iPhone event, as if offering me a hot cup of my favorite tea and a Snuggie.

Husband - Voice - Echoing - Mind - Google

So, I started researching, with my husband's voice echoing in my mind: We're a Google family. That led me to assume that if we were going to invest in a gaming service, it would be Google Stadia, which the company announced in March. A few months later, E3 showcased a slew of Stadia games like Outriders, 12 Minutes, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Borderlands 3, Bloodlines 2 and more. I know I can get most of these without Stadia, except for one of the smaller announcements, Gylt, which would be exclusive to the service. I wasn't going to get Stadia just for one game.

Stadia won't offer an option to play for free until 2020. On Apple Arcade, the games are rolled into the subscription cost, but you don't get to keep them if you leave the service. With Stadia, you're paying a subscription, plus the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!