What Does “All Things Work Together for Good” Really Mean?

Rick Thomas | 9/15/2019 | Rick Thomas
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2025/01/RMlogoWhatDoesAllThingsWorkTogetherforGoodReallyMean.jpg

A true story. Trouble came into my life. I hurt without mitigation. In time, the hurt was so bad that I didn’t care if God killed me. The burden was beyond my strength utterly. I began to despair of life. (2 Corinthians 1:8) Slightly Paraphrased.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Why Does God Bless Some, But Not Others?

Pain - Removal - Pain - Thing - Matters

Sometimes you can become so focused on the pain that the removal of the pain is the only thing that matters, even if death seems to be a viable option. It was during this season that I received counsel, some good and some bad. Regardless of the quality of their care, all of them wanted to help me because they cared for my soul.

They were acting out of love even though I was not receptive to them. One of the more challenging pieces of advice that they brought to me during my time of suffering was what Paul told the Romans:

God - Things - Purpose - Romans

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

Boom! They dropped the bumper sticker verse in my time of agony. “Hey, brother Rick, all things work together for good.” Honestly, it is a good verse, though it’s a hard one. I intuitively knew that I was going to have to change if I was going to enjoy the full benefit of the verse.

Kind - John - God - Salvation - God

It’s kind of like John 3:16. You’re not going to benefit from it if you resist God’s salvation. I remember before God regenerated me how that verse was so frustratingly difficult. The Lord was not going to budge from His Word, and I was afraid to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: