13 Reasons Why Star Laments His Character's Grim Outcome in Season 3: 'There's So Much More to Unpack'

TVLine | 9/14/2019 | Andy Swift
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/13-reasons-why.jpg?w=620

13 Reasons Why Season 3 Finale Recap: Did You Predict Those Killer Twists? And Was Justice Really Served?

13 Reasons Why Adds Gary Sinise as Series Regular Ahead of Final Season

Bryce - Walker - Subject - Reasons - Why‘s

Bryce Walker may have been the subject of 13 Reasons Why‘s big murder mystery, but he certainly wasn’t the only Liberty High School student whose life was cut alarmingly short in Season 3.

Montgomery De La Cruz also met a gruesome end behind bars, following his arrest for assaulting Tyler back in Season 2. And to complicate matters even further, Monty was posthumously blamed for killing Bryce, a plot hatched to prevent the real killers — Alex and (sort of) Jessica — from going to prison. It was an unfortunate conclusion to a tragic tale of child abuse and sexual confusion, among a myriad other unresolved issues.

TVLINE - | - Did - Producers - Season

TVLINE | Did the producers sit you down ahead of Season 3 to explain where things were going for Monty?

I trust Brian Yorkey with every ounce of my being. He doesn’t always say what we’re going to be getting into, but he always alludes to something happening. So whenever he pulls me aside and asks me to take a walk with him, I’m like, “Oh, s–t, what’s going to happen?” When we were starting Season 3, he told me that Monty would be questioning his sexuality, then dying at the end, and I was like, “Whoa.” It’s like when you get a phone call from your parents. You’re like, “I don’t know if this will be good or bad, but they definitely need to tell me something.”

TVLINE - | - News

TVLINE | And how did you take that news?

It’s always a little shocking, but as an actor, you hope to get things that shock and scare you — and everything Monty did in Season 3 was shocking...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Conservatives are to the GOP what oil is to water, and the GOPe spend most of their time skimming it off or setting it on fire.