John Mulaney’s Next Special Will Be a Children’s Variety Show

Collider | 9/12/2019 | Jeff Sneider
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/saturday-night-live-john-mulaney.png

John Mulaney is one of the funniest people on the planet. I consider myself a stand-up comedy connoisseur, and Mulaney’s stuff is consistently hilarious, especially all his jokes involving the Law & Order franchise. It seems like Mulaney is everywhere lately, and he kind of comes off like a big kid. I mean, the name of his 2018 special was Kid Gorgeous, after all. And now he’s turning to actual kids for his next special. Don’t worry, no need to call the SVU.

In a new interview with Esquire, Mulaney revealed that his new special will be a children’s variety show modeled on the children’s entertainment he loved growing up, including Sesame Street, the PBS series 3-2-1 Contact, and the Maurice Sendak–Carole King musical Really Rosie. Mulaney wants the series to appeal to kids and adults alike… just like Big Mouth, the Netflix animated series on which he voices one of the leads opposite Nick Kroll. I think he knows how to talk to kids, which is to essentially talk to them like short...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!