"The Helplessness I Felt Was Matched Only By The Silence That Followed" - Never Forget 9/11

Zero Hedge | 9/11/2001 | Staff
reantes (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/styles/max_650x650/public/2019-09/2019-09-11_6-12-34.jpg?itok=FC5guQKI

We are a People of Amazing Grace who have not permitted the passage of time to besmirch the price paid by 2,977 patriots 18 years ago today. We have not forgotten.

Back then, I was a happy New Yorker who could never conceive such devastation. The only stress I knew was fanciful in retrospect. The pressure cooker of being in sales on Wall Street held nothing to what was to come. We naively enjoyed a backdrop of perfect peace in our country. Our generation was one war had never visited. We innocents lived as freely as we imagined we were.

Tuesday - Morning - Part - Way - Office

On that perfect Tuesday morning, I walked part of the way to the office. I was not alone but joined by hordes taking in the blistering blindness of the blue sky. It would have been a perfect day for flying. But enemies of God, the state and mankind were in cockpits that morning, the first inklings of which we learned of at our desks. CNBC’s Mark Haines initial interruption went largely unnoticed. And then the second plane hit.

In the years that have since passed, we have fought back, defied the beasts, and rebuilt to the heavens. The Freedom Tower has become my visual touchstone, rising a symbolic 1776 feet into the sky. Its 200 x 200-foot base is identical to those of the Twin Towers whose footprints are forever memorialized, etched with every single name of the victims robbed from us that day. The new One World Trade Center can never replace the original or its sister. But the glorious architectural feat can stand proud as a reminder that we did not let the **** get us down.

EST - Year - Tribute - Ceremony - Recites

At 8:46 am EST, I will, as I’ve done every year, stop and pay tribute to the fallen as the ceremony gets underway that recites...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Zero Hedge
Wake Up To Breaking News!