WHAT DOES YOUR SOUL LONG FOR…. MUSINGS OF THE HEART

Godspacelight | 9/12/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/IMG_1712.jpeg

Life looks different these days. It feels different. It is different. And yet, much is the same. No wonder some days I feel confused and conflicted!

Four months and counting since we made the official shift to this wild and curious new season of redirection, repurposing, refocusing. . . and as I whisper quietly, “retirement”. When you know something is right, deep in your soul and in your own human figuring, the big step seems exciting and even easy. It’s all the baby steps, “toe-dipping”, gently treading on the other side of the decision that once again require full and complete trust in the kind, loving Father who’s led us this far.

Season - Life - God - Affection - Protection

For every season of my life, even before I understood God’s affection for me and His gentle protection, I longed in my spirit to “get it right”. While my younger years showcased that desire by a crazy drive for perfection, I now wake up with a good kind of ache to just daily “do life” with Him, led by His spirit. To have a glimpse of His heart for that day. To fall in bed at night with a sigh of satisfaction, recalling where He whispered and left His handprint in my waking hours.

Some days, it all comes easy. I’m smiling along the way. Secure in His leading. Grateful and aware of wonder in the day. But other days? Not so much. I wrestle trying to fill time my way. Anxious for “the plan”. Feeling that old control bent rearing it’s head. It’s all a strange mix of listening, stepping out and waiting at the same time.

TIME - Children - Peter - Krista - Families

TIME. We watch adult children Peter and Krista with their young families, running through each day to just keep up with jobs, toddlers/budding teenagers, sports practices, house projects and rare unscripted hours together. Precious...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.
Tagged: