Married FBI agents who were one of the first to respond to the Pentagon on 9/11 retire together

Mail Online | 9/11/2001 | James Gordon For Dailymail.com
ali11 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/12/01/18372922-0-image-a-4_1568249932958.jpg

A married couple who worked for the FBI and who on 9/11 were among the first to respond to the crash of American Airlines Flight 77 at the Pentagon are retiring on the 18th anniversary of the attack to pay tribute to their friends.

Tom O'Connor and his wife Jean have worked as FBI agents for a joint total of 43 years.

Tom - Pentagon - Minutes - Attack - Jean

Tom responded to the Pentagon within 15 minutes of the attack while Jean arrived just 45 minutes later.

'Surreal was the only way to put it,' said Tom to WUSA9 on Wednesday during a remembrance service for the victims.

'I - Anything - Jean - Movies

'I had not seen anything like that,' said Jean. 'Except in the movies.'

The pair say that the events of 9/11 and the era that followed shaped their careers and transformed their lives.

Years - Day - Pair - End - Lives

18 years since that fateful day, the pair believe it to be a fitting end to their working lives.

'We want to pay honor to our friends who never had the opportunity to retire,' said Jean. 'And it's our way of giving closure.'

Pair - Attacks - Time

The pair say they want to remember those lost both in the attacks and also in the time that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!