Private schoolboy Yousef Makki's father visits his dead son's grave in fight for justice

Mail Online | 9/9/2019 | Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter For Mailonline
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/07/17/06/16149574-0-image-a-5_1563342724499.jpg

The father of a 17-year-old who was stabbed to death has vowed to carry on fighting for justice after a 'privileged' private schoolboy admitted carrying a knife but was cleared of his murder.

Ghaleb Makki said he would 'leave no stone unturned' after his son Yousef Makki was knifed in the heart in the village of Hale Barns, Cheshire, on March 2.

Boy - A - Murder - Manslaughter - Friday

A 17-year-old, known as Boy A, was cleared of murder and manslaughter on Friday. He claimed he'd acted in self defence after Yousef had allegedly pulled a knife on him during an argument.

Mr Makki told the BBC: 'I will leave no stone unturned until I get justice for my son. That's a promise I made when I went to his grave after the verdict.

'I - Son - Society - Life - Body

'I said to him, I'm sorry son, society let us all down but I will go on as long as I have life in my body. I will never stop. Yousef deserved better.'

He said the moment the not guilty verdict was given 'was like watching and witnessing Yousef being stabbed right in front of me but this time from the official who is supposed to protect him, who is supposed to do justice for him.'

Yousef - Sister - Jade - Class - Teenagers

Yousef's sister Jade said there were two 'middle class' teenagers cleared of playing a part in his death - she questioned whether her brother was denied justice because 'he's half-Arab and from a council estate'.

A second teenager, named only as Boy B, was cleared of conspiracy to rob but has admitted possessing a knife.

Backgrounds - Defendants - Spotlight - Claim - Jury

But the privileged backgrounds of the two defendants have come under the spotlight, with claim it influenced the jury's verdict.

Jade told the Guardian: 'If it was the other way round - my brother is half-Arab and from a council estate... [the verdicts may be different].

'We kept quiet because...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?