UCLA Professor Douglas Kellner: First and Second Amendments Should Change as Society ‘Evolves’

Breitbart | 9/9/2019 | Staff
tiffcourt011 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/10/second-amendment-gun-holster-we-the-people-getty-images.jpg

UCLA Professor Douglas Kellner argued in a recent interview for the university’s website that the First and Second Amendments are not “absolute,” and should be changed as society continues “growing and evolving.” The professor also blames President Donald Trump for school shootings.

Professor Douglas Kellner is an expert on a wide range of subjects. He teaches education, gender studies, and Germanic languages at UCLA. Additionally, he has published scholarly work on media and film.

Interview - Campus - Reform - Week - Kellner

In an interview highlighted by Campus Reform this week, Kellner offered some thoughts on a topic that is outside his areas of expertise; the Constitution and American politics. Kellner subtly suggests that his opinion on the Second Amendment was shaped by his personal experience with the Virginia Tech shooting. In April 2007, Kellner was on his way to deliver a lecture on Virginia Tech’s campus when the shooting was taking place.

“I was researching media spectacle at the time,” Kellner said. “I started reading about [the shooting] … and thinking about Columbine and other school shootings and the key ideas just hit me. It’s been the same idea for every one of these shootings – that we have an out-of-control gun culture and a crisis of masculinities. These young men who were in crisis… resolved it through these shootings and it became a media spectacle.”

Kellner

Kellner ultimately argues that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!