I Went to a Masked Singer Taping, and One of These Two Is Going to Win

TVGuide.com | 9/9/2019 | Malcolm Venable
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2019/09/05/94e5cdea-1363-4a6d-9559-7a507a386131/thumbnail/1300x867/a4fdd1b08d05b41f67810e484ce9551f/190909-masked-singer.jpg

The Masked Singer returns soon, and when it comes back, it's coming back roaring. Fox's shamelessly silly slam dunk of a singing competition returns for Season 2 in late September with four more whatchamacallits than in Season 1, and a third season starts right after the Super Bowl. Fox is going to make you love this show whether you like it or not, a phenomenon with which I am acutely familiar since The Masked Singer gradually thawed my old, cranky heart over time in Season 1.

To get an early sneak peek at what's to come, I ventured to Masked Singer-ville one afternoon to catch these monsters at work. While many details are still being kept under wraps, here are some early thoughts about the performances, some ideas about who might be under those costumes, and who could take this all the way.

Show

Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now!

First, T-Pain, who beat Gladys friggin' Knight in Season 1 of The Masked Singer with a gorgeous rendition of "This Is How We Do It," was on hand to judge the competition at the taping I attended. He kept the 150 or so spectators in the chilly studio laughing and upbeat during a five-hour stretch. Host Nick Cannon, meanwhile, almost shattered everyone's retinas with one of his signature explosively shiny outfits: a silver and black brocade smoking jacket and a pair of Louboutins you can see from space. Robin Thicke said he looked like a Versace ninja, and I laughed.

Everything - Performances - Fox - Leopard - Flamingo

I can't discuss everything that happened, but I saw six performances: Fox, Leopard, Flamingo, Rottweiler, Tree, and Thingamajig. One of them was unmasked. I wouldn't dare spoil which one it was or the secret identity of who was behind the mask, but I will say that I, along with everyone else in the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?
Tagged: