Woody Allen: ‘I’ve Done Everything That the #MeToo Movement Would Love to Achieve’

Breitbart | 9/6/2019 | Staff
urbanpatrioturbanpatriot (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/09/woodyallendefends1-640x335.jpg

Veteran Hollywood director Woody Allen has defended his record of working with women, saying in a recent interview that he has treated women as equals to men.

The renowned filmmaker told France24 that he doesn’t regret his comments from last year in which he said he should be the “poster boy” for the #MeToo movement.

Everything - MeToo - Movement - Allen

“I’ve done everything that the #MeToo movement would love to achieve,” Allen said.

Allen was speaking at France’s Deauville American Film Festival, where his movie A Rainy Day in New York is set to premiere.

Rainy - Day - Timothee - Chalamet - Elle

Rainy Day, which stars Timothee Chalamet and Elle Fanning, was dropped by Amazon Studios following Allen’s comments about the #MeToo movement and still lacks a U.S. distributor. The movie is being released in various European territories through other distributors.

The Oscar-winning director subsequently sued Amazon for breaking a four-movie deal with him.

Allen - France24 - Rainy - Day - US

Allen told France24 that Rainy Day could still be released in the U.S. But he added that ultimately, “it doesn’t matter.”

“If people enjoy the movie, I think it will eventually be released in the United States,” he said. “For me, it doesn’t matter. I’ve already finished another movie. Rainy Day for me is history. I made it a year ago.”

MeToo - Movement - Allen

When asked about the #MeToo movement, Allen said:

“I feel that I’ve worked with hundreds of actresses....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country