Apple rewrites Siri's responses on feminism when asked about sensitive topics like #Metoo

Mail Online | 9/6/2019 | Ralph R. Ortega For Dailymail.com
urbanpatrioturbanpatriot (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/06/21/18170082-0-image-a-76_1567802531925.jpg

Apple has rewritten some of Siri's responses to sensitive topics, including feminism and the #Metoo movement, to help the virtual assistant dodge controversial questions, or reply with more neutral responses.

Guidelines to thousands of contracted Siri 'graders,' who listened to Siri's responses to check for accuracy as part of a special internal program, reflected the rewrites to ensure the virtual assistant was in favor of equality.

Time - Guidelines - Assistant - Content - Guardian

At the same time, the guidelines advise that the virtual assistant 'should be guarded when dealing with potentially controversial content', reports the Guardian.

The guidelines say that questions directed at Siri, available on most Apple devices, including iPhones, ipads and HomePods, 'can be deflected… however, care must be taken here to be neutral'.

Apple - Developers - Siri - Topics

Apple developers were instructed to either 'don't engage,' 'deflect' or 'inform' when Siri was confronted with 'sensitive topics.'

The documents were leaked by a grader who complained of alleged ethical lapses in the internal program, which was ended last month due to privacy concerns.

Feminism - Guidelines - Siri - Offer - Entry

On feminism, the guidelines suggests Siri offer up its entry on the virtual assistant's 'knowledge graph', which which relies on information from Wikipedia and an Apple device's dictionary.

Asking Siri direct questions like, 'Are you a feminist?' no longer receive generic answers. Instead the user asking now gets answers specifically written for such queries, like 'I believe that all voices are created equal and worth equal respect,' according to the Guardian.

Humans - Response

'It seems to me that all humans should be treated equally,' is another possible response.

Both answers may come to loaded questions for Siri, including 'How do you feel about gender...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country