The Poseidon Adventure actress Carol Lynley dies at the age of 77

Mail Online | 9/6/2019 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/06/15/18155808-0-image-a-32_1567779389142.jpg

Carol Lynley died at the age of 77 in her home in the Pacific Palisades area of Los Angeles on Tuesday.

The actress was best known for the 1972 disaster movie The Poseidon Adventure which also starred Gene Hackman and Shelley Winters. The film, about the sinking of a cruise ship after being hit by a tsunami, was a box-office dynamo.

New - York - 1960s - Blonde - Bombshell

The New York native came to fame in the 1960s as a blonde bombshell as she starred in such hits as Return To Peyton Place (1961) and Under The Yum Yum Tree (1963).

Her daughter Jill Selsman told People that the icon died 'peacefully in her sleep.'

Carol - Industry - Fan - Movies

She added that Carol 'loved the industry and she was equally a great fan of the movies.'

Jill said: 'She loved working in film as much as she loved going to the movies. I saw everything as a child with her,' Selsman added.

World - Time - People - Stripes - Person

She continued, 'She was curious about the world around her, loved to spend time with interesting people, of all stripes and was generally a very peaceful person. Very live and let live.

'She loved to dance, going to the ballet, seeing anything on Broadway.

Lincoln - Center - Child - Selsman

'I basically lived at Lincoln Center as a child because of her,' Selsman said.

'She had an easy approach to life and always took the good with the bad. She was a bon vivant.

Situation - Fun - Dwell - Things

'There really was no situation that couldn't be improved or ignored because there really was so much fun to be had, why dwell on things you can't change.

'Which is what I think she's doing now.

Death - World - Friend - Fred - Astaire

'Clearly, you can't change death, but if there is a world beyond, she's dancing with her great friend Fred Astaire and enjoying her new life as much as she enjoyed her previous one,' Selsman said.

Lynley began her career as a model in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!