USA Drama: ICE 'Looking for Reasons to Throw People out of This Country'

NewsBusters | 9/4/2019 | Staff
shankay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/screen_shot_2019-09-04_at_11.50.41.png

In this already divided country, USA's Suits spinoff Pearson paints ICE as the enemy, just for doing their jobs, in an ongoing storyline in the first season.

Yoli Sandoval (Isabel Azzairza) is a DACA child who was brought to the United States at the age of two by her parents. ICE detained Yoli's mother after a routine visit a few episodes ago. Yoli attempted to help her mother, but an immigration lawyer tricked her into giving him money before he ran.

Episode - Political - Wife - Yoli - Boss

In the most recent episode, "The Political Wife," Yoli finally talks to her boss Jessica Pearson (Gina Torres) about her mother. Yoli tells Pearson that she forgot that her mom was having her check in that day. If she knew she would have told her mother that the "climate's different now" and that they are "looking for reasons to throw people out of this country."

Yoli: I'm so mad at myself. I was so wrapped up in my own life that I didn't even remember that she was going into ICE. And I always remember, and she hugged me so tight and it didn't even pick up on it.

Pearson - Anything

Pearson: You couldn't have done anything. She was going in anyway.

Yoli: I could have told her that the climate's different now. I could have told her that they are looking for reasons to throw people out of this country.

Pearson - Yoli

Pearson: And I'm sure she knew that. Yoli, you knowing she was going in wouldn't have prevented her from being detained.

Yoli: I know.

Pearson - Monster

Pearson: Am I that much of a monster that you couldn't tell me?

Yoli: No, I've been messing up so...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sorry Mr. Franklin, we couldn't keep it.