McCarrick breaks his silence: ‘I’m not as bad as they paint me’

LifeSiteNews | 9/3/2019 | Staff
srqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://assets.lifesitenews.com/images/made/images/remote/https_www.lifesitenews.com/images/local/mccarrick_1_1024_512_75_s_c1.jpg

VICTORIA, Kansas, September 3, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) ― Ted McCarrick has broken his year-long silence.

Disgraced former cardinal Theodore McCarrick has granted an interview to a reporter and denied the accusations that have been made against him.

Men - McCarrick - Advances - Seminarians - Allegations

Several men have complained that McCarrick made unwelcome sexual advances to them when they were seminarians, and there have been two “credible allegations” that McCarrick also sexually assaulted two minors, a 16-year-old altar server and an 11-year-old family friend named James Grein. Grein alleges that the cardinal abused him for years.

McCarrick, who has been dismissed from the clerical state, was sent to live in a Capuchin friary in the small Kansas town where reporter Ruth Graham, whose story appeared today in the online Slate magazine, asked him to talk.

Time - Lunch - McCarrick - Bit - Meeting

It was almost time for lunch, McCarrick told me, but we could talk for a bit. He showed me to a small meeting room, and we began to talk about his life in Victoria, his defrocking, and the accusations against him.

All his answers to my questions were short and steady. McCarrick said he never leaves the friary, not even to enter the basilica next door. He is grateful for the company of the other men who live at the friary, and he participates in the daily routine: Mass at 7 a.m., a communal breakfast, evening prayers. He spends much of his time in the chapel, he said, and in the library. “They’ve really treated me as a brother,” he said.

Graham - Cardinal

Graham asked the former cardinal “if he had done it.”

“I’m not as bad as they paint me,” McCarrick replied. “I do not believe that I did the things that they accuse me of.”

McCarrick - Accusations - Fact - James - Grein

McCarrick would discuss only one of the accusations and, in fact, brought it up himself: James Grein’s allegation that the older man...
(Excerpt) Read more at: LifeSiteNews
Wake Up To Breaking News!