Rob Lowe shares sympathy for California boat fire victims, says he's been on Conception 'many times'

Mail Online | 9/3/2019 | Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
spiderMonkey (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/09/03/21/18029876-0-image-a-78_1567541350365.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/09/02/574660373982001908/1024x576_MP4_574660373982001908.mp4

Rob Lowe expressed his sympathy for the victims of the tragic boat fire off the coast of California and revealed that he has been on the vessel Conception 'many times' before.

The Los Angeles-based actor shared his horrified reaction to the Labor Day inferno that left at least 25 dead on Twitter.

Heart - Breaks - Board - Conception - Lowe

'My heart breaks for those on board the Conception,' Lowe, 55, wrote on Monday.

'An unspeakable horror on a boat I've been on many times. My prayers and thoughts are with the families.'

Conception - Expedition - Channel - Islands - Tragedy

The Conception's idyllic three-day diving expedition to the Channel Islands ended in unimaginable tragedy when the vessel went up in flames in the middle of the night with 39 people on board.

Officials say 33 passengers were sleeping below deck when fire broke out and quickly consumed the entire 75-foot boat.

Others - Midday - Tuesday - Recovery - Mission

Twenty-five have been confirmed dead while nine others are still missing and feared dead as of midday Tuesday as the recovery mission continues.

Five of the six crew members, who had separate sleeping quarters, managed to escape and survived.

'You - Situation - Santa - Barbara - County

'You couldn't ask for a worse situation,' Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said at a Monday news conference.

'This is probably the worst-case scenario you can possibly have. You have a vessel that's on the open sea, that is in the middle of the night. I mean, it's 3.30 in the morning.'

People - Lowe - Tweet - Friends - Family

Several people replied to Lowe's tweet saying they had friends or family missing, with one explaining 'the crew quarters is in the wheelhouse, at the top of the boat. There are at least two flights of stairs between crew and passenger bunks below decks'.

None of the victims have been identified by authorities but among those feared dead are crew cook Micheal 'Mikey' Kohls and expedition leader Kristy Finstad, whose families have both made...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!