Hostin Rants at Jay-Z, NFL: Police Brutality Against Blacks Is Still a ‘Leading Cause of Death’

NewsBusters | 9/3/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/the_view_-_11_38_33_am_-_11_40_21_am_-_11_01_25_am.jpg

The View co-host Sunny Hostin joined the crowd of liberals angry at rapper Jay-Z for partnering with the NFL as an adviser for its “social justice initiatives,” without Colin Kaepernick’s consent. She was also outraged at Jay-Z’s statement that blacks were “past kneeling,” in protest at police brutality, calling it “ridiculous” “inappropriate” and “insensitive."

After co-host Abby Huntsman defended the rapper, saying they should give him the benefit of the doubt, Hostin complained that Jay-Z handled this the wrong way by not asking for Kaepernick’s permission first. She went on to rant that it was “inappropriate” for Jay-Z to dismiss NFL players kneeling in protest because police brutality was a “leading cause of death” for young black men:

SUNNY - HOSTIN - Message - Kneeling - Sense

SUNNY HOSTIN: I think the other message that when he said we are past kneeling is inappropriate in the sense because when you think about it, the leading cause of death for young black men, one of the leading causes of death between 2013 and 2018 is police brutality.

JOY BEHAR: That's what he was kneeling for.

Colin - Kaepernick

And I didn't like it. I mean, he could have done this with Colin Kaepernick and I think that would have been much more powerful.

Hostin frequently likes to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!