Slate: Theodore McCarrick breaks his silence

The Deacon's Bench | 9/3/2019 | Staff
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/56/2018/07/Theodore_Cardinal_McCarrick.jpg

Kudos to reporter Ruth Graham who got arguably the Catholic scoop of the year: a conversation with disgraced former cardinal Theodore McCarrick, his first interview since his very public and scandalous fall from grace. She visited the town of Victoria, Kansas, and spoke with him at the friary where he’s now living.

This long profile of McCarrick’s new life appears in Slate:

Father - John - Victoria - McCarrick - Interview

Father John, who met with me twice in Victoria, told me kindly but firmly that McCarrick was not available for an interview and that visitors were not welcome inside the building; he declined my request for even a limited tour. But on my last morning in Victoria, I rang the doorbell at the friary.

A small plastic sign in the entryway asks visitors to ring once and wait three or four minutes for a response. It took about that long before an elderly man in a wheelchair opened the door; I told him I was a reporter and that I would like to speak with Ted McCarrick. He wheeled over to a phone on a small end table, and after...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Deacon's Bench
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift