Woman ordered vegan lasagne on Ryanair flight and ate meal before realising it was MEAT version

Mail Online | 8/31/2019 | Harry Howard For Mailonline
madalina09madalina09 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/30/14/17876602-0-image-a-5_1567172788979.jpg

A lifelong vegetarian claimed she ordered a vegan lasagne on a Ryanair flight and ate her meal before realising it was the meat version - but that a flight attendant only 'shrugged' and told her she should have noticed.

Julie Williams, who recently became a vegan, was flying back from a holiday in Malaga to Cardiff, her hometown, on August 12 when she was served the meal.

Meal - Word - Box - Meat - Version

She said it was only when she had eaten the meal that she saw the word 'bolognese' on the box that she realised she had been served the meat version.

The flight attendant she spoke to initially refused to apologise and did not offer a refund, she added.

Ms - Williams - MailOnline - Lasagne - 'clever

Ms Williams told MailOnline that, after eating the lasagne, she had looked to see what 'clever' ingredients had been used becuase 'vegan food is incredible nowadays'.

With the writing on the box in Spanish, it was only when she saw a word similar to 'bolognese' that she realised she had eaten meat.

'I - Vegan - Lasagne - Lasagne

She said: 'I ordered the Vegan lasagne which I ate trusting they had served me a vegan lasagne.

'I finished it and idly turned the box over and was astonished to see a word resembling bolognese in the ingredients.

Flight - Attendant

'I rushed to the flight attendant,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?