Yvonne Strahovski On ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ And Filming ‘Angel Of Mine’ Stunts While Pregnant

ET Canada | 8/30/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://shawetcanada.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/gettyimages-1166534375.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=720&h=480&crop=1

Yvonne Strahovski is not afraid of a challenge, whether it’s bringing to life Serena Waterford, a Commander’s wife of a totalitarian society yearning for a child of her own on “The Handmaid’s Tale“, or taking on the twists and turns of a woman accused of taking her neighbor’s child in the new thriller, “Angel of Mine”.

In fact, the Emmy-nominated actress quite enjoys the challenge, especially on the latter project, which was a welcome reprieve from the emotional turmoil she’s put through on Hulu’s TV adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s dystopian novel.

Series - Season - Year - Actress - Filming

The series, which was renewed for a fourth season, typically takes up about half the year, with the actress filming in Canada. The other half, she says, is reserved for “playtime,” which includes getting to do projects in her home country of Australia, like the series, “Stateless”, or “Angel of Mine”. Projects that are different enough from “The Handmaid’s Tale” that “keep my own creative juices flowing,” she says.

In director Kim Farrant’s new film, available in theaters and on demand Aug. 30, a troubled woman, Lizzie (Noomi Rapace), becomes obsessed with her neighbor, Claire (Strahovski), whom she believes has taken possession of her late daughter. Claire is terrorized to the point of fighting back in order to keep her family safe. But it’s eventually revealed that not everything is what it seems as both women confront certain realities.

Line - Character - Kind - Reveal - End

“There’s a fine line you walk when you play a character like her who has kind of a reveal at the end,” Strahovski says of striking a balance of not revealing too much, but playing the character in a way that if fans go back to rewatch it, “it makes sense from that character’s point of view.”

On top of that were the physical challenges — ice skating, running and fighting — that came with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ET Canada
Wake Up To Breaking News!