FNC's Cavuto to Trump: The Job of the Media is 'To Call Balls and Strikes on You'

NewsBusters | 8/30/2019 | Staff
itsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/your_world_with_neil_cavuto_-_04_57_25_pm.jpg

Your World host Neil Cavuto closed his show Thursday afternoon with a monologue addressing President Trump’s recent criticism of Fox News. While he spent his monologue reminding President Trump that Fox News does not work for him, the legacy media could also learn quite a few lessons from Cavuto’s monologue.

President Trump sent out a tweet Wednesday complaining that Fox News was “heavily promoting the Democrats through their DNC Communications Director, spewing out whatever she wanted with zero pushback by anchor, @SandraSmithFox.” In another tweet in that thread, the President suggested that “we have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”

Segment - Thursday - Edition - Your - World

The final segment on Thursday’s edition of Your World began with an audio clip of President Trump discussing his displeasure with Fox News during an interview on Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade’s radio show. Cavuto reacted to President’s Trump complaint that Fox News “isn’t working for us anymore,” reminding him that “we don’t work for you. I don’t work for you.”

Cavuto proceeded to explain the job of the media, which personalities on the other networks should definitely take note of: “My job is to cover you, not fawn over you or rip you, just report on you, to call balls and strikes on you. My job, Mr. President, our job here is to keep the scores, not settle scores.” Many on MSNBC, CNN, and the three networks have made a career out of ripping President Trump and attempting to “settle scores” with him since the day he announced his decision to run for President. They would have a lot more credibility if they decided to “call balls and strikes” rather than act as an arm of #TheResistance.

Statements - President - Years - Cavuto - President

After fact-checking several statements the President has made over the years, Cavuto weighed in on President Trump’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!