Queen's former surgeon Professor Zygmunt Krukowski called colleagues 'hairy Muslims' tribunal hears

Mail Online | 2/12/2000 | Lara Keay For Mailonline
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/29/09/17820064-0-image-a-4_1567065953390.jpg

The Queen's former surgeon was accused of bullying colleagues, referring to some as 'hairy-a***d Muslims' when they missed work for Friday prayers, a tribunal heard.

Professor Zygmunt Krukowski, 70, admitted that he said: 'What's more important? Patients or prayers?' when some Muslim colleagues were absent from work.

Muslims - Conversation - NHS - Grampian - Executive

But he denied referring to them as 'hairy-a***d Muslims' during a conversation with NHS Grampian's chief executive Richard Carey.

He claims he has 'never used that phrase in his life' and 'strenuously denied' the accusations.

Professor - Krukowski - Care - Royal - Family

Professor Krukowski used to oversee the medical care of the Royal family at Balmoral and was suspended from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary after a misconduct investigation was launched in 2015.

He was cleared by the General Medical Council in July of that year and has now launched an employment tribunal into his 'unfair dismissal'.

Hearing - Number - Allegations - Bullying - Language

At the hearing, a number of allegations were made against him, including bullying and using derogatory racial language towards his colleagues.

Ian Truscott cross examined him, asking if he said: 'Some patients were more important than some religions.'

Krukowski - Patients - Prayers

But Krukowski claimed he said: 'What's more important? Patients or prayers?'

The solicitor continued by saying an NHS colleague had claimed Krukowski used a derogatory phrase - 'hairy-a***d Muslims' - while he was speaking to the then chief executive of the NHS trust.

Professor - Krukowski - 'strenuously - Claims - 'I

But Professor Krukowski 'strenuously' rejected the claims. He said: 'I have never used that phrase in my life.

'I would have been astonished that the chief executive of a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!